Phone:: +45 9152 8888
Aalborg Pilot ApS
Aalborg Pilot - Thyboron Pilot
Below is a brief summery of regulations for the use of pilot on the Limfjord.
We will strive to keep the site updated - however we can not guarantee the update.
Hals Barre to Aalborg:
Compulsory pilot for vessels with a draught of 6 meters and above.
Railway Bridge at Aalborg:
Compulsory pilot for vessels with a LOA of 53 meters and above.
Between Aalborg and Logstor West Approach:
Compulsory pilot for vessels with a draught of above 3,1 meters.
Compulsory pilot for vessels with LOA of 35 meters and above.
1) A vessel that is towed shall use a pilot in excavated channels and buoyaged fairways leading into or past harbours.f the towed vessel is less than 28 metres; or
2) If the towed vessel is unmanned or if it cannnot be propelled by its own engine power, the towing vessel shall use a pilot.
3) A vessel which must use a pilot in pursuance of subsections 1) and 2) shall be exempted from this obligation if
1) the GT of the towed vessel is less than 150;
2) the length of the ship under tow (l.o.a.) is below 28 metres.
3) the vessel is towed or towing within the same harbour area.
In internal and external territorial waters there is an obligation for ships to use a pilot if they
1) are carrying oil or have uncleaned cargo tanks that have not been rendered safe with inert air,
2) are carrying chemicals,
3) are carrying gases,
4) have more than 5000 t bunker oil onboard or
5) are carrying highly radioactive material.